16 August, 2008

Bear-Moose 2008

I'm home! It was so weird to be away from the blog and from Ravelry for a whole week. I have a lot of catching up to do.

So what's Bear-Moose? It's an annual vacation I take to the Petoskey/Harbor Springs area with assorted members of my family. We rent a condo for the week and eat, shop, drink wine, drink beer, eat, drink wine, shop, eat, drink wine... well, you get the picture. It was dubbed Bear-Moose by none other than Miss Ella, who noticed the north woods critters on the wallpaper in the half bath our first year there.

So what did I do last week? Well, I hung out with small children...




and a baby.


Went sailing...


finally learned how to use the macro setting on my camera...


drank fine brew (my new favorite is 312 Urban Wheat from Goose Island Beer Company, Chicago)...


and, of course, the usual.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I've been enjoying your blog. You're the second person that I've heard of that has mentioned Macro setting on their camera & how you like it for showing the details of your knitting.

I'm fairly new to digital cameras. Could you please elaborate about macro settings?

Knit Pickins said...

Deb, thanks for commenting on my blog. It's nice to know someone is out there reading!

The macro setting on a camera is used to take close-ups. It allows you to put your camera a few inches away from the object and get the kind of detail that you get when you look at it with your naked eye. Without the macro setting on, photos taken that close will likely be blurry.

Your camera manual can explain what button to push to enable the macro. On my camera, it's as simple as pushing a button, then when I go to take the picture I first push the shutter button down only halfway to allow the camera to focus. Once it is focused, I push the shutter button down the rest of the way.

Hope this helps!