29 December, 2008

Cornflower Mitts and Neckwarmer

I should have blogged about this ages ago, but I just found out that my sister-in-law received her birthday gift.



First, a pair of fingerless mitts. These are the Cornflower Mitts from the Holiday 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. I'm not sure I'd knit this pattern again. The mitts came out fine, but I went down a needle size and they were still big on me. Luckily, my sister-in-law has larger hands than I do. I am not a loose knitter, so it may be the pattern. I also changed the bindoff from a ribbed to a regular bindoff, as the ribbed bindoff was just too loose.



I am much happier with the neckwarmer. Yes, once again that's Sarah Beckman's Mock-Cable Neckwarmer. I just love the buttons!

Yarn
Berroco Comfort in Cornflower

Needles
Size 7, 4.5 mm

Patterns
Cornflower Mitts
Interweave Knits Holiday 2006
Mock-Cable Neckwarmer

No comments: