15 October, 2011

One a Day

Indian summer is over. Really over. Highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s and 40s for the next ten days. Skies are partly cloudy again and the wind is blowing. As Pooh Bear would say, it's a blustery day. I just rolled up the awning over the bedroom dormer window and Mother Nature gave me a new hairdo.

Since it's getting colder, I think it's time to bring out Blankie again. I began Blankie in the summer of 2008 at Bear-Moose.


This was a practice square that never made it into Blankie, and now I wonder where it is.

Three years later, Blankie is still only about 1/3 of the way done, so I think it's time to do something about that. And you know me. My solution to almost everything yarn-related is to join a knitalong.

The idea behind the One a Day group is to encourage Ravelers making large projects to knit one element, one row, one whatever every day until the project is finished. For Blankie, that means one mitered square, of course. We post progress on our blogs every Tuesday. For this week, I've got three and a half squares done so far—not bad for parent-teacher conference week, if I do say so myself.

I'm in this group for the long haul. In addition to Blankie, I started this project some time ago. And I want to make this. And this. And also this. So we've got enough potential One a Day projects for the next century, at the rate that I knit.

Check back on Tuesday for the week's tally!

No comments: