17 October, 2008

Favorite Things Friday—Smitten with Mittens

I am taking my first stranded knitting class this coming Sunday, and in two weekends I am taking a Selbu class. All this has me interested in stranded mitten patterns. I've spent way too much time on Ravelry lately, smitten with mittens. Here are my favorites:

Free Patterns
Herringbone Mittens with Poms
Squirrely Swedish Mittens
Both of the above patterns are by Elli Stubenrauch of Elliphantom Knits. I just love Elli's patterns and her blog.

Icewine Mittens by Emily Holbert Kellam
Great gift for a wine-lover!

Squirrel and Oak Mittens
by Adrian Bizilia, of We Call Them Pirates fame. Apparently, I'm into squirrels.

Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Stranded knitting yumminess in fingerless mitts.

Tiffany by Sabine Riefler
Latvian-style mittens reminiscent of Tiffany windows.

Sea Mineral by SpillyJane
Latvian-style mittens with ocean waves. SpillyJane is a great designer.

A Bird in the Hand by Jorid Linvik
Not be confused with Bird in Hand by Kate Gilbert. (See below.)


Not-So-Free Patterns
Bird in Hand by Kate Gilbert
The woman behind Clapotis designed this pair of fantastic mittens. I love the little birdy on the thumb.

Snowbird Mittens by Elli Stubenrach
Elli does it again! Featured in Vogue Knitting Fall 2008. Apparently, I also have a thing for birds.

Amaryllis Mittens
by Mary Ann Stephens
Latvian-style pattern with four different thumb motifs.

Entomology Mittens in Knitalong
Norwegian Snail Mittens in The Knitter's Book of Yarn
Fiddlehead Mittens
These are also by Adrian Bizilia of We Call Them Pirates fame.

Potpourri by Tanis Gray
Featured in Vogue Knitting Fall 2008.

Wintertime for Adriana
Swedish Fish
Willistead
Polska
More of SpillyJane's patterns. Seriously, this girl does not get enough credit.

Cat Mittens
Frog Mittens
Wedding Mittens
More by Jorid Linvik

And finally, my favorite Selbu pattern. Beautiful long gauntlet cuff.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love colorwork! Working on a Selbu mitten right now- have fun!