19 October, 2008

Michigan Morning Mitts

It's finally getting cold enough to wear knitted goods. I'm so excited!



I love these little mitts. I've worn them twice now, once for a country drive/pumpking patch outing, and once to a bonfire. They've kept my hands perfectly warm both times. The pattern is a simple K2P1 rib. This was my first attempt at a thumb gusset rather than just a hole for the thumb, and I think I did a pretty good job. The yarn is Australian merino, so very soft. And it's superwash!



Yarn
Filtes King Extra Stampato in colorway 8015

Needles
Size 7, 4.5 mm

Pattern
Maine Morning Mitts by Clara Parkes
The Knitter's Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes

4 comments:

Shae said...

Those are so cute! Despite my distaste for cold weather, I'm a little jealous that I don't have anywhere to where something like them. Also I'm jealous that I don't have teeny tiny pumpkins.

Jackie said...

They are GORGEOUS! Love them. I'm hoping to cast on for my first pair of fingerless mitts soon!

cjc said...

Nice pictures-very artsy!
You must have a friend with a photographic eye!

AdoptionMSW said...

Nice Pattern, thanks for the link.
Barbara