22 February, 2010

Ravelympics—Day Ten

When I woke up at 5:15 and looked outside, I didn't think a snow day was going to happen. But now here's the view from here!



In Ravelympics news, one Sparkling Mango Sock is finished.


Please ignore pasty white it's-winter-and-I'm-a-Michigander leg.

I have finished the body of Baby Mania, Take Four, and just have to knit the sleeves and about a mile of I-cord for the ties.



I have gone to the podium once again and earned another medal for the dishcloth I knit to award to a Team Michigan member in Saturday's fun and cheesy prize drawing.



I've discovered that I AM going to have to make up my own fingerless mitt pattern to match the charity hat after all, and I have investigated my options on the Ravelympics events list. It seems I might qualify for the Designer Original Dance, and I am also going to enter them in the Mitten Moguls and Charity Curling events as well.

Need a break from watching the Olympics but don't want to be out of the loop totally? I recommend the following:
  • You may have caught wind that Stephen Colbert and the Colbert Nation are sponsors of the USA Speed Skating Team. Stephen has been covering these Olympic games as only he can. Watch Colbert Nation Olympic coverage and/or his interview with Bob Costas.
  • Do you like podcasts? The Knitmore Girls' last episode is titled Olympic Fever. I haven't listened to this episode yet, but I love the Knitmore Girls so go check them out!
And last but never least, Scooticus wanted me to post a photo I took of him this afternoon and his own photograph of the same event.





Yarn
Lily Sugar'n Cream in Hot Blue

Needles
Size 7, 4.5 mm

Pattern
Michigan Square Cloth by Michelle L. Alanis

No comments: