07 January, 2013

Baby Blues

My first finished object of 2013 came off the needles on January 3.  And surprise, surprise!  It was a pair of socks.  (I know, right?)

These were started during March of 2012, that terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad March.  In fact, after Dorothy's funeral, I went by Rae's Yarn Boutique and picked up the yarn.  I guess I couldn't help thinking about my own mom that day.  This yarn reminded me of the color of her eyes.  I cast on right away.

It's not very often that I use the yarn called for in the pattern, but I did this time.  This yarn is Crystal Palace Panda Cotton Print.  The finished socks came out a bit thick, a combination of the textured stitch pattern and the cotton, I would guess.  Crystal Palace has discontinued this yarn, and it's too bad.  While I don't think I would use it again to knit socks, I think I would like to have used it for other fingering weight projects for my mom.

The 12 in 2012 group has turned into the 13 in 2013 group.  The challenge is to knit thirteen pairs of socks this year.  Last year, I didn't meet the challenge; I only knit six pairs.  But it's still fun to try, and you can't blame a girl for trying to work down the sock yarn stash.  If you are a sock knitter, come join us!

Pattern: Menehune Cobblestones by Adrienne Fong
Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Cotton Print in New Blues
Needles: Size 1, 2.25 mm
Ravel it!


1 comment:

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

I love to color of the yarn. Good luck on your goal.