18 October, 2009

Tailgating Mitts

Another finished object!



I made these mitts for my good friend Jenny from the Block. Jenny is still young enough to go tailgating every MSU home game. Jenny thinks I am a granny because I knit. Despite her teasing, I have made her these stripey mitts to keep her hands warm.



In other knitting news, I have finished the first of my Red Rivulets socks and have just begun the second using Judy Becker's Magic Cast-On. If you haven't tried this cast-on, I highly recommend it. It's almost worth knitting a pair of toe-up socks just to try the cast-on. It makes the tiniest, perfect grafted toe. It's so cute!

Yarn
Berroco Comfort in Adirondack and Pearl

Needles
Size 8, 5 mm

Pattern
Raspberry Mitts by Krista A.

Cold Sheep Knitdown
415.8 total yards (Mom's mittens and neckwarmer started the knitdown!)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I like the line - Jeny thinks i m a granny because i knit - HAHAHA

Nice colour and bet the mitts will make her hand warm.

Seona said...

Yeh I hear the granny comments too - HA at least we'll be warm. I love these stripy mitts - fabulous!