11 September, 2011

Stitches Recap

Well, friends. Among the whirlwind of going back to school, stash enhancement has occurred. And it occurred in a big, big way. Before I post the picture, I feel the need to defend myself and say that all of the yarns below are for a specific project. I hope to work on most of the projects over this winter, so I'll share the yarns and patterns as the time comes. A couple of the yarns are for super-duper secret gift projects. Anyway, I don't think I need to buy yarn for a really, really long time. Or ever, perhaps.


As you can see from the photo, I also picked up a pair of Signature Needles DPNs. I was hoping Signature would have their sock circulars out by now, but no such luck. Maybe these DPNs will help me eliminate sock ladder, which I get every time I use DPNs to knit socks. I also picked up the cutest mid-size project bag from Erin Lane. It's perfect for a project that involves two skeins of yarn, such as a shawl or a scarf. Ms. Anyssa was lucky enough to win a set of these bags (as a Stitches door prize) just as she was entering the booth to shop for a bag!

Speaking of Ms. Anyssa, she was one lucky girl all around. She was quite the Stitches celebrity, on account of finishing her Westknits Earth & Sky for the Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL. She had stayed up until 2:00 A.M. the night before Stitches to finish it, and although she wore it unblocked, she got quite a lot of attention for it. So much so, in fact, that Kimberly-of-the-Bunny-Ears who was manning the information booth stopped her to tell her that MR. WEST WAS IN THE HOUSE!

Yes, we totally stalked him. Yes, we got to meet him. Yes, he loved Ms. Anyssa's shawl.

Other Stitches highlights included pre-dinner cocktail hour in Pam and Jean's room, with cosmos courtesy of Pam.



We, the sisters of Our Lady of Perpetual Fiber got to eat in the swank private dining room at the hotel. Delaine reserved a table for ten and they sat us here, as there was no party booked. We got so lucky! Well, maybe it was lucky for them, because I'm sure had we been sitting in the main part of the dining room, the other patrons wouldn't have appreciated us. I can't tell you what happened, because what happens at Stitches stays at Stitches. But rest assured, we should all probably attend confession.



The next morning, Anyssa and I took Knit One Below—Socks with Elise Duvekot. Both of us knit stupid pretty much the entire day on account of the hangover due to the cosmopolitans we had consumed the night below. Elise was super patient with us, and two of the skeins in the yarn photo are for the Inside-Outside Scarf from her book.

Anyssa and I have decided that Stitches is too much fun to cram into just two days, so next year, we're going for a third!

2 comments:

Andi said...

You should never have to defend stash enhancements! All yarn will eventually become a project. :)
Would be interested to hear is the Signatures help prevents your sock ladders.

Audry said...

What a collection of yarn! Those blues have been my current favorite color way to buy.
And you lucky duck... getting to meet Mr. West.